Wednesday, January 12, 2005

This Kid Gets It

UK's Bobby Perry has to be a Tubby favorite.

On losing Joe Crawford …
“Joe is a great person. I chose not to say anything about Joe. I wish him the best and hope he has a great career.”

On waiting for a starting lineup position…
“Coach Smith is the kind of coach who runs a basketball program. He is not a quick-hitter, a one and done kind of guy. He runs a program and develops guys. Sometimes it’s not all about basketball it’s about life, and that’s what I like about Coach Smith. I realized coming in I was willing to learn and I had to wait my turn, I didn’t know everything right away and had a lot to learn to get in that starting line-up. I am playing behind a guy like Chuck Hayes who is an awesome player, I can only learn from him and my time will come if I keep working hard.”

On pulling together being one down going into the SEC…
“Yeah we are still going to be a great team. It’s a tough loss losing Joe, anytime you lose someone if it’s an injury or any reason its tough, but we are going to regroup and come back and try to have a strong game against a great Vanderbilt team."

No comments: