Monday, October 04, 2004

My Three Bad Bengal Predictions

Before the season, I made 3 predictions regarding the upcoming Bengal season...all 3 of which were wrong.

1. The Bengals defense will better than in 2003.
While the defensive backfield appears to be better, everything else is worse - much worse. This morning I heard a commentator say that the Bengals are on pace to give up over 3,000 yards rushing this year. Is that possible? Granted, injuries have been a problem, but that's the NFL.

2. Carson Palmer will be better than John Kitna.
I realize it's early in the season, but Palmer has been bad. He's shown glimpses of brilliance - and will be very good in the future - but he hasn't come out of the gate as quickly as I'd hoped.

3. The Bengals will go 8-8 (possibly 9-7).
I hate to say this, but we might be looking at 4-12 this year. The first half of the schedule is the easy part, and we're already sitting in the whole at 1-3. Last year, the Bengals turned it around after the bye week. Let's hope it happens again.

No comments: