Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Daily Implosion

Jon Stewart, late in the Daily Show last night to Newsweek pundit Fareed Zakaria: "I’ve watched this thing unfold from the start and here’s the great fear that I have: What if Bush, the president, ours, has been right about this all along? I feel like my world view will not sustain itself and I may, and again I don’t know if I can physically do this, implode.

Here's what I don't understand: Why wouldn't Jon Stewart be happy if Bush were right?

It reminds of when I was in high school. I knew kids that were no good and were going to grow into no-good adults. For many, I would have bet my life on it. However, if they turned things around and became decent, upstanding citizens, I wouldn't have been disappointed that I was wrong. I would have been thankful that I was wrong.

I just don't get it.

No comments: