Saturday, February 12, 2005

Best College B-Ball in the Country?

Mike Decoursey says right here:

"The difference between here and the North Carolina triangle," said Mike DeCourcy, "is that they have a lot of great basketball, but it's all the same league. Here you get the variety of the Big Ten, the SEC, Conference USA, the Atlantic 10 and even the MAC and the Horizon League if you have time for them. And next year will be even better with the Big East."

"If I moved back to Pittsburgh, where I'm from, I'd be on the road all the time. I'd either be watching Pitt or jumping on a plane. Here, I can drive to Kentucky, to Louisville, to Ohio State, to Indiana. "

"But as much as I like the geographical convenience of living here, there's nothing more important than being in a place that values college basketball. Here, I turn on the radio and if it's this time of the year, Lance (McAlister) or the Angry Guys are probably going to be talking basketball. That means something to me."

No comments: