Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Wisdom of Seth

Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated is an idiot (and a Puke...I mean, Duke graduate), but he got this right:

The days of rotations that go nine or 10 deep are over, my friends. We used to hear coaches say of an opponent, "Their ninth guy could start for me." Not anymore, because these days that guy will transfer to a place he can start -- oftentimes in midseason -- rather than sit on the pine.

...and this...

This week's player who's better than you think: Kentucky guard Patrick Sparks. Everybody's all jacked up about Tubby Smith's Fab Four freshmen, but Sparks, a transfer from Western Kentucky, will have a bigger impact on the program this season. He runs the point with great poise and can really shoot it.

...but definitely not this...

It seems like people love to knock Florida guard Anthony "Peep" Roberson, but I'm not one of them. He's a great scorer, and from what I can tell, he also has very high character.

No comments: