Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I Don't Fear Linebackers Trying To Kill Me, But...

Living in Buffalo may be a bigger transition for Bills rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish than the adjustment from the University of Miami to the NFL.

Bills free safety Troy Vincent shared a story about how Parrish responded when 18 inches of snow recently fell in Buffalo.

"I'm outside cleaning off my minivan and there is this truck that pulls up right beside me to pick up Roscoe," Vincent said. "I'm looking over and this truck has been sitting there for about 15, 20 minutes. I'm wondering if Roscoe is coming out, so I go over and see some eyes looking through the blinds. I'm wondering what's wrong and they say he won't come outside ... that he's scared of the snow. Then it dawned on me that he's from Miami and it was the first time he'd ever seen snow.

"You wouldn't think that a person would respond that way, but he wouldn't come outside."

Parrish, who was raised in Miami, acknowledged on the Bills' Web site that he is still trying to adjust to a much colder climate.

"I really don't have a choice," Parrish said. "I just put on the right clothes that I need to stay warm."

No comments: