Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Terrible News

Kmart is buying Sears in an $11 billion deal that industry watchers say could shake up the mall-based landscape by creating a low-priced shopping haven for consumers. "Imagine going into Kmart and buying a Sears Craftsman tool set, or buying Kmart's Martha Stewart home products at Sears. This deal will take the loyal shoppers of each retailer and cross-pollinate them with familiar brands from each store," said retail analyst Marshal Cohen.

Now, if Sears was buying Kmart I'd be happy. Sears - by all accounts - is a well-run company with quality products. But Kmart will destroy everything good about Sears. Why? Because Kmart is the worst run company on the planet. I've been to Kmart hundreds of times and I have NEVER had one good experience. So why do I keep going? For convenience. But I put a stop to that a while ago.

No comments: