Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Deja Vu

April 6, 2004.....Opening Day

"I clunked it," Dunn said. "It's one of those things that shouldn't happen . . . and it's the worst feeling in sports." Alex Gonzalez's drive to left field popped out of Dunn's glove, and two bobbles later - one by Dunn, one by center fielder Ryan Freel - the ball was on the grass and the game had changed.

Dunn was looking right into the sun as the ball flew toward him.

"I'm not going to blame that," he said.

April 4, 2006....Opening Day

"I'm not going to blame the wind," he said. "I misplayed the fly balls. There's nothing I can do about it."

Dunn has never been confused with a Gold Glove outfielder. But he's never had a day like Monday.

In the first inning, a sinking line drive by Jacque Jones popped out of Dunn's glove. The error led to three unearned runs.

The other gaffes came after Dunn's homer tied the game at 5 after five innings

No comments: