Friday, October 07, 2005

This Is A Shock

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Southern Mississippi scoring leader Rashaad Carruth has left the basketball team because of personal reasons.

"I am going to concentrate on getting my degree from Southern Miss while I take care of some personal matters," Carruth said Thursday in a statement issued by the school. "(Coach Larry Eustachy) has been like a second father to me, and I am grateful for all he has done and continues to do for me."

Carruth, a guard, averaged 13.4 points last season.

Pretty tough to follow in the footsteps of Steve Fields, the finest guard ever to put on the Golden Eagle uniform.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hattiesburg. Boy there are some memories, eh?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Averaged 13.4 points last year. How many assists?
Cornbread, Mo and Snake all had personal problems and made it through 4 years, but no degree of course.